Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Quotas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtiv

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2002
US
OK,

So I just joined a new company and they have been adamant that they don't care about the negatives when you don't implement a mailbox quota limit. Simply comes down to politics and the people above. I need to work with a few people to put together thorough documentation/justification to present to upper management as to why we should implement quotas. We'll also need to provide documentation on archiving to our users.

Anyone have to do this before? Can you point me to any docs?

Thanks

The way that I handled this (wrong way but works) Come in bright and early and stop the information store. Explain to everyone that you may not have enough disk space any longer for all the saved email and this could be the reason the server is not working. Tell them that as soon as you get it up and running that they should clean everything up and that you need to assign quotas. Management will agree, you start the service, get quotas assigned and look like a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back