Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2002
CA
Hi All

I recently did my usual database maintenance on the weekend and received an error when it tried to run on the mailbox.dbf file. The msg was an insufficient disk space error (which I've had before and did resolve) however, when I logged into GM this morning...all the email templates that my users created over the past 6 mos...are gone! Also missing are most users Email Center folders! I kicked everyone out of GM and tried to re-index the DB again but to no avail. The user templates are fine but the email templates are no where to be found.

One thing I did do was open my mailbox.dbf file in Access and noticed that all the fields that point to the folders for each user are still there. Somehow, GM can't find them anymore. Now I do have daily backups of all my data and I do have the mailbox files from the day before the errors so tell me...is there an easy way to restore my old mailbox file and then port over any new records that have been created since the corruption? Meaning...any email activity from yesterday and today? My mailbox backup if from Friday the 19th.

Any help would be very much appreciated...This has got me very stressed. :)

P'

Yes I did. I thought these were created when you get errors during indexing.

No, you get them when you are rebuilding the data.

If they are more than a few k in size, then they are your MailBox records which you are missing. You can reclaim them by renaming them and building a transfer set from them - it is a more complicated procedure than I can describe here, but a VAR or developer can do it.

If they are just 2k or so, then they are failed starter files and can be deleted.

The Wizard
Home of Link Magic and Web Magik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back