Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox permissions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmandu

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2001
US
In Exchange 5.5 as administrator on Wind NT server 4.0
I've set up, using custom recipient, another email user called vr@xyz.com. I know how to forward mail received here to one of our in house users mdb@ihouse.net (listed on the global address list as mdb).

I also created a new profile for the vr@xyz.com called VR. I even know how to get the two different profiles to come up by using the Options in the Mail services. It will ask, which profile do you want to use?. When I select the normal one "MS Exchange Settings" I can get into my normal email box mdb@ihouse.net. GREAT!

When I select the other profile called "VR" it (Microsoft Exchange) tells me I do not have permission,---> open default folders etc, system folders(I am still logged on as me).

How do I give permission to myself to see the mailbox and respond to emails to vr@xyz.com ?

Is this somewhere in the profile setup ,in Exchange Administrator? I know there is delegation and I don't want to do it this way. I just want to be able to get into the new email box and respond as vr@xyz.com, without logging off from my computer. I know that one way is to right clik properties and go in and change email box but this still denies me permission ?

Thanks in Advance.

Tom P.

tmandu,
If I understand the question correctly, open the mailbox in Exchange admin that you need permissions too. Goto the permissions tab and add yourself as a user. This will give you permissions for the mailbox. It may take up to an hour for the changes to take affect so you can actually access the mailbox.

Poseidon89

I am very confused on where you want to give yourself rights to open up the mailbox? Did you make sure that you gave yourself permission for the VR account and set the SEND AS check off button? Also in Outlook set the Authentication to NONE, logon and add the account mailbox to your OPEN THESE ADDITIONAL MAILBOXES: in the exchange properties.
If you need addtional help let me know.
thanks Mezaim

You can speed up the process of having Exchange take up to an hour by changing your registry. I've set to update in 15minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back