Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailbox permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnynuggetz

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
US
How do I get permissions to log on to other people's mail accounts. I have admin permissions on all levels of the exchange environment, yet I can't set up multiple mail accounts on my machine. Always could when I ran exchange 5.5, but now I can't view anyone's mailbox unless I log onto the domain as that user. The only reason that I care is that I am trying to set up Outlook Team Calendar and I set up the permissions to allow the entire team access to my calendar, but to no avail. I am assuming this is because no one can view anyone else's mailbox. Not even the admin.

TIA

Give your account Send As and Recieve As on the mailbox store.

How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 (Q262054) Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

I've got the same problem and have been adding send as and receive as rights all over the place but still can't do it...

Any suggestions gratefully received as it's stopping us backing up properly.

Thanks

I think all I did to give myself (and my backup program) access to all of the mailboxes was to add myself with full control in the security settings for the IS. AJ
SA
HS

Is your account a "Domain Admin" or "Enterprise Admin"? If it is, those roles are specifically "denied" permissions in Exchange 2K. I found it much easier to create a generic account which I use for this type of thing and give it permission than to try to override a "deny".

Logon as the account you used to install exchange that user has rights to all mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back