Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox permissions and Exmerge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2001
US
I am trying to migrate about 20 mailboxes to a pst. When I try to run exmerge, I get "error 8007203a while opening an ldap connection". I have looked it up and made sure I have send as and receive as rights. I am a full exchange administrator.
I have given myself rights to be able to view another mailbox in outlook. I can migrate this mailbox without any trouble. I have tried to add myself to the other mailboxes giving trouble and I am still not able to access them.

On another note I migrated the mailbox that I have access to and got the following error but it migrated successfully.
[10:55:31] Logging Level: None
[10:55:31] Reading settings from file 'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN\EXMERGE.INI'.
[10:55:31] Reading list of subjects for messages to be selected from file ''
[10:55:31] Reading list of attachment names for messages to be selected from file ''
[10:55:31] List of folders to be ignored has been read. 0 folders in the list.
[10:55:31] Current machine locale ID is 0x409
[10:55:31] Operating System Version 5.0 (Build 2195)
[10:55:46] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://ExchangeServer/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData)
[10:55:46] Accessing Domain Controller 'Domain Controller'
[10:55:47] 'Exchange server' is running Exchange Server 2000 or later
[10:55:47] Searching the Active Directory for mailboxes homed on the following databases:
[10:55:47] CN=Mailbox Store (Exchange Servwer),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Exchange Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Domain,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Parent Domain,DC=com
[10:55:47] Getting user information from Global Catalog server 'domain controller.Parentdomain.com'.
[10:55:48] Found 276 mailboxes, in the Active Directory, homed on the specified databases.
[10:56:31] Using attribute 'PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME' for date operations.
[10:56:31] Merging data into target store. The program will copy only those messages that do not exist in the target store.
[10:56:31] Associated folder data will NOT be copied to the target store.
[10:56:31] Using 'English (US)' (0x409) as the default locale (Code page 1252)
[10:56:31] All mailboxes will be processed, regardless of locale
[10:56:32] Initializing worker thread (Thread0)
[10:56:32] Copying data from mailbox 'Some user' ('some user') on Server 'exchange server' to file 'C:\EXMERGEDATA\someuser.PST'.
[10:56:58] Error copying messages from folder '\Inbox' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION)
[10:56:58] Trying to copy messages in folder '\Inbox', individually. To avoid duplicates in the target store, messages will be merged and not copied into the target store.
[10:56:59] Error copying message with subject 'Upcoming Software Spectrum Events & Promotions' in folder '\Inbox'. (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION)
[11:01:26] Number of messages processed for mailbox 'SomeUSER': 3376
[11:01:26] Number of folders processed for mailbox 'some user': 16
[11:01:26] Non fatal errors encountered. Copy process completed for mailbox 'some user' ('someuser').
[11:01:27] Number of items copied from the source store for all mailboxes processed: 3376
[11:01:27] Total number of folders processed in the source store: 16
[11:01:27] 1 mailboxes successfully processed. 0 mailboxes were not successfully processed. 3 non-fatal errors encountered.
[11:01:27] Process completion time: 0:00:04:55

Has anyone ever had trouble assigning rights to be able to open someone else's mailbox???

If anyone cares I resolved it by creating a new account and making it a member of domain admins and exchange services. I did not give it exchange administrator rights. It works fine.

I don't have an exchange services account. I wish to be able to manage and open other people's mailboxes without having to apply the permissions to each one individually. Can you help me at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back