Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Number conflicts with a CDP steering code

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2006
US
I have a satellite office (an 81c) who's MerMail we're looking to decommission, and put those users on the main office's (CS1000) CallPilot. The two offices are connected with a T1 tieline. There's a CDP in place so when you're on the CS1000 and dial the satellite office's extension, it goes over the T1 to the 81c, and vice versa.

So for example, if I want to dial DN 2345 at the satellite office, on the CS1000, we have a DSC of 2 (FLEN 4, DSP DN, RLI 10 (ROUT 8, FRL 0, DMI 0)). The satellite office has corresponding DSC's to reach the main office. The satellite office has DN's in the 2000-2999 range, while the main office has DN's in the 4000-8999 range.

When I add mailbox 2345 to the main office's CallPilot I get:

----
Express User Add Failed

The following errors have occurred:

Mailbox Number conflicts with a CDP steering code.
Error code: 60630, severity: 0, attribute: usermailboxnum, text 1: 2, text 2: Sat_Office
----

As a workaround, if I make the mailbox something like 82345 - it works fine, I also put 2345 as an extension DN and a MWI DN - so I get MWI on DN 2345 at the satellite office just fine, etc.

But this will confuse the end-users - and I'd rather keep it so their mailbox = DN like they're used to. Most people dial their DN as their mailbox instead of # even if it's from their phone. Just how their employees were trained over the years.

So... what do I need to do to enable the satellite office folks to use their DN for the mailbox without appending a leading digit to the mailbox number?

Thanks.

We have a similar set up with 61's and 11's going back to a centralized voice mail on an 81.
In our CDP's we have DSP set as LSC (local steering code) not DN,not sure if that will make a difference ....

TRVLR1 - do you do any digit manipulation in your RLI's for this to happen (i.e., adding ACOD's for the routes)?

No ACOD's we have the routes set up for the tie lines between sites. We then set the RLI to point to the route with DMI of "0".
The number then points to the RLI.
We do use overflows however. If the links go down, we set up entry 1 (or 2 etc) with a DMI to send it out external trunks to the DID of the number by adding whatever digits are needed to route the call.(usually Nxx without ACOD)

OK... I'll play with it off hours and see what happens. Thanks.

Give this a try!

Login to Call Pilot
Messaging->Message Network Config
Add a new Node
Enter steeering codes

After building the new node you have to go to each mailbox and enter the new location code.

Ah OK - I didn't think to look there. Thanks!

We do have a location for this satellite office already set up in CallPilot. It's showing a CDP with a steering code of 2 and an overlap of 1, and Mailbox Addressing Follows Dialing Plan is checked.

So what I did was just deleted the location - which resolved the distant steering code issue - and things seem to be working (at least from a remote perspective).

Anyone have any thoughts if this may or may not affect things adversely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back