Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Not Updating Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeymikeuk

Technical User
Sep 9, 2003
GB
We have an isolated problem on one workstation with Groupwise 5.5.

When the user receives a new e-mail, it does not appear automatically in the mailbox like it does on other workstaions the only way to read it is if she goes into another one of her folders, for example, sent items or cabinet and go back into the mailbox and there it is, ready for reading!

We have tried a completely new install of Groupwise and it is still the same on that pc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mikeymikeuk,

Try removing the client from the workstation and then run a GroupWise cleaner to remove all groupwise settings/files from that computer. Then, when you reinstall the client, it will be like installing it on a new computer. This has worked for me in the past.

Of course, it won't work if it's not a local problem, but it's worth a shot.

Here's a cleaner util that you can try:
Good luck,
-Ron

this is known as the "groupwise refresh" problem. it still occurs in groupwise 6.0 and probably 6.5.we've reported it to novell for the last 4 years and they have not been able to find out what causes it. we have about 4000 users - it happens sporadically and the vast majority of people have never seen the problem.

report the problem to novell and don't let them deny knowing anything about it.

As a note: If you're having a refresh problem in 5.5, the problem still exisits in 6.5.1. This is the first time we've seen the "refresh" problem and I have users reporting this problem on a weekly basis. Can't seem to narrow the problem down to any one machine or OS. My solution is to do a uninstall/reinstall and this seems to fix it.

Regards,
Stars

i've never seen this and i have about 2000 users
i've used grpwise since 5.2 and currently on 6.5

the user in question - is it definately a pc issue
if she goes to another pc does the prob remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back