Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Name not changing to what is set in AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2006
US
I have searched just about everywhere and cnanot find too much information aboutn changing a user's name in AD. We have a user who's last name was misspelled when the account was created. I have changed it to the correct spelling in AD and the correct spelling propogated to all areas that I can see. However, all of his e-mail is still showing the misspelled name in the "FROM" field even though it is spelled correctly in Server Manager and Exchange. Please help!!!

Change the default address in Email adddress tab to the correct spelling or create it if it does not exist.

regards,
Iain

Every tab in AD and ESM is showing the correct spelling of the user's last name. Another strange point he just told me about is that it only shows incorrectly when he sends e-mail. When he recieves e-mail it translates to the correct spelling.

The SMTP Header of the e-mail does contain the mispelling. How is this information generated for the header if not from the Exchange profile? Is it generated by the local Outlook profile?

I guess the most important question, how to change the SMTP info?

OK. I have narrowed it down to the local user's PC. If I map his mailbox to my Outlook and send a message, it shows the correct spelling of the lastname. I have scoured the local PC for any setting that may keep this spelling, but have not found a thing. Any Ideas would be wonderful.

Delete his Outlook profile and and recreate his Outlook profile. When then new profile authenticates the user name to the Exchange server, it will show the correct name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back