Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookcr

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Ok. I think I have my ADC and everything set up correctly. I have installed my 2003 after following all of the deployment tool steps. I am running coexisistance and from my system manager on my 2k3 server I can see my 5.5 server and all of the mailboxes. I however am unable to move them. The only mailbox my 2003 server seems to want to move is the administrator mailbox. Any ideas on where I go from here?

You need to stop the ADC before you either migrate or move the mailboxes. Exc5.5 can't coexist and move the mailboxes at the same time. So stop the service and give it time to finish the replication then try doing the move. If you don't move all of the mailboxes at once then be sure to rename the one's that you've already moved before starting the ADC service back.

How so?? I had them running in a test enviroment and used AD users and computers and the Exchange task to move mailboxes. Was this wrong??

The biggest reason is that when you're migrating or moving the mailbox to Exc2K3 then Exc5.5 can't be trying to replicate the mailbox data to AD at the same time. In other words it locks the database to where you can't modify it. I found this out in a Q article....i'll post it here when I get the chance.

We have ADC running and an Exchange 5.5 server and Exchange 2003 servers in the same site in coexistance. I have removed one exchange 5.5 sever by doing mailbox moves. I would make sure that the account doing the mailbox moves has Full Admin permissions in Exchange 2003 and service account permission on the 5.5 machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back