Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

moram

Technical User
Jan 25, 2000
US
I hope somone can help. My boss wants to limit the length of time items can remain in a users Inbox. I've suggested having the users delete "unnecessary" items, but he wants automatic, permanent deletion after 45 days. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

I know you can limit box size, and the think the oldest stuff would be automatically deleted.

Thanks kjohnnnnn, but his opinion is that anything older than 45 days is not worth keeping. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

Hi moram,
You can use the Auto-Archive facility of Outlook. This allows you to move/delte all the items that are older than the specified time-which can be easilty configured.
You can find this at the following location :

Tools>>Options>>Other>>AutoArchieve.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, -Ashish☻☻

You can also use mailbox manager as a time based retension tool. This was introduced in exchange 5.5 SP 3. We are going to be using it where I work. I spent several days taking a look at it and it appears to work fine.

scavngr, I have some research to do. I have not heard of mailbox manager.Any help is appreciated. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back