Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmono

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2004
IE
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to increase the limits above 2097151kb's, after you apply service pack 2 to exchange - whats the procedure - as if I try to increase it past 2097151 it issues an error saying thats the limit.

Thanks

If you want to increase the storage limits for a single user, use ADSIEdit to set these values:

mDBStorageQuota: Issue warning at (KB)
mDBOverQuotaLimit: Prohibit Send at (KB)
mDBOverHardQuotaLimit: Prohibit Send and Receive at (KB)

I believe that you can use 4gb as a cap after sp2 with these values. You'll have to wait for mailbox management to do its daily calculation of the current sizes/caps before the setting will take effect.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Hi.
You can unblock for SBS that block mailbox limitations. After SP is installed go to 'server manager' and open Exchange tree, go to 'server' and right click the contener mailbox store, inside you will find a snap that says 'limits', then uncheck that control size limits. That works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back