Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail works, 0x8004010F error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdubyab

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2005
US
I am running Exchange 2003 server with outlook 2003 on all clients. Recently our DNS server crashed and mail abruptly halted until DNS was back up and running again. Now mail seems to work properly (I have confirmed inbound and outbound message delivery) but all clients get an error after the Send/Recieve action. Although it seems to still send and recieve as it should, the error reads:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F). 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

Needless to say Microsofts website is no help in this matter. Go figure huh?
What object is this refering to and why can't it find it? Also in the outlook client I have tons of sync issues from the past few days. These complain about the Offline Address Book not syncing correctly I think. What caused all this to happen all of the sudden as Exchange was nice and happy just a few days ago. Things I have done but haven't improved the situation include:
Creating a new profile in outlook
Totally reinstalling outlook 2k3 client and reconfig
Insured that all Outlook 2k3 updates were installed

Also I tried to re-build the offline address list using Exchange system manager. This got me nowhere as it just camplains that it cannot creat the required MAPI profile and says to check if you have sufficient permissions to write to MAPISVC.INF With an ID no. c103073a

I do have permission to do anything as I am the domain administrator so why is this so?

Please if ANYONE can shed some light on this it would be GREATLY appreciated to say the least.

I had a similar problem and found that the reference to the Offline Address Book on the Mailbox Store was empty.
After assigning the Offline Address Book (browse and found it), dismounting and remouting the Mailbox Store, the problem was resolved.

Here is the KB article I referenced and resolved my problem

Good luck
Trevor

I am also getting this 0x80014010f error....but only on one machine! Any idea why that would be??

I had this same error and after several differnet things here is what worked for me. I created a new offline address book made it the default left it alone for a day then open up the exchange service manager-> administrative group-> first administrative group->Servers->(your server)->first storage group->mailbox store(your server)->mailboxes and right click bring up properties. there is a default offline address book there make sure it is set to the new one. This is what resolved my issue hope it works.

Good Luck
BENZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back