Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail won't go directly through

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryRumson

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
I've had a strange situation popup twice in the last month.

Someone tries to send me an email with a large attachment and it gets bounced saying that the attachment is too large. I don't have any size restrictions on our Exchange server. (I checked in all three places it could be, no size limits anywhere).

Anyway, they send the email to my Yahoo account and it goes through just fine. From my Yahoo account I am able to send myself the same attachment they couldn't send directly.

So they are able to send it as evidenced by me getting it at my Yahoo account. I am able to receive it, because I can send it to my work account from Yahoo. So why can't they send it directly?

remember, it maybe their server or ISP that could be bouncing the mail as well..

Dan

This was actually posted for me by Gary.

I know it could be their mail server as well (in fact I think it must be), but that still doesn't explain how they would be able to send it to a different email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back