Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail without using Outlook/Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaHapMan

Programmer
Oct 31, 2000
NL
Hi there,

I've got a problem...
My procedures must have the possibility to send mail. So I tried to configure SQL MAIL. Well .. it all works fine BUT I have to keep MS Outlook running otherwise the mail is not send. I don't want to keep a program running at the back... is it possible to configure the SQL Mail that it can communicate with the SMTP-server directly?

What I tried before:
- configuration of SQL Mail like the manual said on: it works! but with outlook open at the back
- tried to bypass the sql mail by using the CDONTS object found on: doesn't work for me! 'OLE Automation Error Information'

Is there an other way to send mail?? Or am I trying to do something impossible ??

hope you can help me out!

Best Regards, DaHapMan

Hi there,
I can reassure you it is possible to run SQL mail without running outlook as a an active program in the background.

Are you running SQL service through the same account as the mail alias?

Regards,

Justin

yes..
the mailprofile is made under the same user as the servers "service account".

I get the message "mail sent" .. but nothing is send till I open Outlook as that "ServiceAccount-User"!

I don't know what to do next.. Someone said: you have to change the mapi-settings !? But I don't know why, where to change, etc..

Hope you can help.

Best Regards,
DaHapMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back