Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail with Adobe attachments rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkmorrow

MIS
Jan 12, 2001
US
We have the following situation:

A location with a Watchguard firewall is having trouble getting mail with Adobe attchaments from certain people.

Our location cannot get mail with adobe attachments to them, Word and Excel attachments get through fine.

Our mail server(IPSwitch) makes the connection to their server (groupwise)then the connection is rejected. The mail shows up on our end as undeliverable.

Their SMTP is proxied to fiter content types and PDF is allowed.

Some people can get Adobe attachments to this location.

Any ideas?

What does the attachment say about the blocking?
Open the text file and post what it says.
RC

I have not had a chance to look into this, but the problem was still there.

There is no indication as to why the message does not get delivered.
The mail or the attachment does not get delivered. I get an undeliverable on my end with nothing showing why.

The users get all other attachments fine

Crazy questions- Are you running any spam filtering?
Are you able to watch the traffic monitor when the email is sent?

RC

Sorry I reread your first post. Excuse me I thought that you had the firebox. They should get an att.txt attchment from the firebox not you. Sorry. Ask them what it says. Here is one that I got.
[Attachment denied by WatchGuard SMTP proxy (type "application/x-msexcel", filename "Log Report Summer.xls")]
What I had to do was copy application/x-msexcel and paste this into Content types of the incoming SMTP proxy.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's all about them.

RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back