Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail vs time sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

abizsys

Technical User
Nov 24, 2002
US
Have a Partner Plus system with a Mail VS module. Date, Day , and time are OK on the Partner Plus System, but the Mail VS system will does not sync with the main system's date/day/time.

Instead the time resest to 12:00 pm every time the system is powered off and on . . .

Tried two tips . reseting the time system time, day, date, power off 1 minute, power on , reset the time again . . .Mail VS did not sync . . . .Also tried setting the main day, date, time to the Mail VS time. . power off, and power on again and then reset the time again . .. Mail VS still starts at what appears to be the default time/date/day. . .

Check and see if you have any extensions in Hunt Group 7 EXCEPT for the actual Voice Mail ports (especially lower extension numbers than the VM ports). The Voice Mail and the Partner seem to communicate through the first extension in hunt group 7. It it's not right, the time/date won't sync, nor the Day/Night mode.

Oh, one other thing: It could also be the release of your Partner Plus. The earlier ones were only compatable with the external Partner Mail (not VS), cause they had their own clock that needed to be set. It wsn't until about release 4(?)[I'm sure someone will correct this] that VS mail was compatable.

instead of powering off use system reset #728

#728 system reset should work but if all else fails . Shut the system down and remove the backup battery . This performs a system reset and clears any memory remaining . You will have to reset the time and date but it will sync up when you are finished

Problem solved. . Prior user/owner had left an extension programmed for the vs mail . Once extension was removed, time sync worked ok . . .. Thanks for the help . .this was my first use of this site. .saved me hours of time . .hope I can help others as well . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back