Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Stuck in IMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beambones

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
GB
There is about 15 emails stuck in the queue of the IMC (Internet Mail Conn)under the "Inbound Message Awaiting Delivery". I've tried to use the delete option in the configuration, but they just won't, no matter what I do, go away. There is mail there since March 2000 which I need to get rid of or just force them through.

Can anyone help with this?

The details say nothing. Only Pending with the recipients email address which is existant in the exch site.

Have you tried stopping and starting the internet mail service?
This might be an idea. I have seen mail stuck like this before, and a simple start and stop of the Internet mail service has shifted the mails.

Nav

There is mail stuck in there from March 2001. From then to now, the services have been restarted approximately... umm, 500 times. Any other ideas please.

They are in the MTS-IN folder, hidden in the information store. There is a utility called mdbvu32 on your Exchange CD. There is KB article about using it, a little murky unless they've rewritten it lately. A search on Google might turn up some more instructions (don't know - haven't tried).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back