Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Server Relaying Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold8

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2002
IN
Hi All,

I recently configured a RedHat 7.3 server as a mailsever using Qmail+Vpopmail+Sqwebmail+Courrierimap+qmailadmin.

All in running fine except when I attempt send mail from outside my domain, I get this error

The server gives this reason: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)'.

I have configured correctly to allow roaming users and pop before smtp. Following was my config line:-
./configure --enable-tcpserver-file=/etc/tcp.smtp --enable-default-domain=xyz.com --enable-roaming-users=y

Still no luck ! When sending from another location eg. when I send mail from xyz.com to abc.com, I get the above mentioned error. However if I specify abc.com (or a gateway through wich my mail is relayed to, into my
/etc/tcp.smtp file, I can send mail sucessfully.

I cannot go on adding Ip's into the tcp.smtp file...there must be some other soulution. Could anyone please help !

Hi
From ur posting in this list it seems that you have configured Qmail for virtual support only.It will receive mail only for the virtual domain and if anyone sends mail from world outside it will not get delivered or just bounced back.I had this same problem and let me know which format ur using for ur mailboxes the default mailbox or the Maildir ???

yess I used the Maildir format...how can I solve this problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back