Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail receive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNex

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
NL
We never had any problems to receive POP3 mail from our server with an Ipaq 36xx series. Now with a new Ipaq 4150 with Pocket PC 2003 we cannot get mail from our POP3 server.
The logon screen appears every time when we connect to the POP3 server. I am sure that the login name and password are correct.

What can cause this problem?

Are you trying to receive the mail on your iPaq, or are you getting an error with Outlook while the iPaq is cradeled and synced?

dave

I am trying to receive the mail directly on my Ipaq trough a dialup connection with the POP3 server.

When you say dial-up connetion, are you using a Compact Flash style modem, or are you using a dial up on your PC and have the iPaq synced to do the send receive, or are you connected through a cell phone?

I am able to send and receive e-mail to my POP3 account over a wi-fi with my 3955 using WM2003, which is the same OS that the 4150 is using. Does your POP3 account require a secure connection? I know this has caused some problems for people to connect. Take a look at the following thread to see if it applies to you. Post back and let me know if you got it working yet.

Dave

I am having the same/similar problem with receiving mail from my POP£ account to my new 4150. It's running PPC v 4.20.1081. Everything else is working; active syn to an exchange outlook server, avantgo etc etc.

I have tried the registry hack suggested, but that doesn't help!

I can send POP3 mials, but get an error message re incomming mails. The ISP is a UK based one called
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rgds

Mark

How are you going about sending/receiving the e-mails? Wi-Fi connection or through activesync?

I have neither work, I also have a BT GPRS dial up connection which works perfectly for my exchange e-mails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back