Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfdog

MIS
Feb 19, 2001
US
I am using Outlook 2000 and have about 75 users that will be using it. So, there would be 75 different profiles.

Question: Could I create ALL the profiles on one machine, and then copy the file (whatever one it is...i have no clue) to each pc so I don't have to re-create the profiles each time I go to a person pc?

I am really just trying to save some time so I don't have to go through the steps to create a new user, where if I copy the file, all i would have to do is change the Default profile that would pop up on the menu.

Any ideas??

Another questions...where are the email profiles located??

Thanks.

Nick

Well...I think I found the answer to my own question. I created a bunch of Mail Profiles on my machine...I then did a search for the names I created profiles, and I found all of them in my Windows profiles in the User.dat file. I don't think what I asked for is going to work.

How about a centralized location of all the profiles. Is that a possibility? I don't think it is, but I am not an expert on this.

Thanks again.

Nick

Try using profgen.
You can create a temp profile in a loggin script. The profile will be deleted once the user logs off. It allows users to log to exchange on different PC without creating multiple profiles.
You can download a sample profgen file from Microsoft.

Good Luck

Yeah or newprof.exe from M$ will also create 'em on the fly but not as clean as profgen...check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back