Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail notification in Notes 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich24

MIS
Oct 5, 2002
US
I have an XP PC that does not get mail notification pop-ups, an icon in the system tray, nor play a sound. Yes, the boxes are checked in the Mail, User Preferences. I uninstalled and reinstalled the client twice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rich

Couple of questions.

1. Are you using server or local copy?
2. Are you refreshing inbox?
3. How often is the setting to check for new mail?

Thanks for getting back to me. To answer your questions:

This PC has the client install on it. Is that what you mean by "server or local copy". The box is checked to refresh the inbox and it is set to check for new mail every 5 minutes. And yes, I tried to use Notes Minder and it still doesn't generate a pop-up(?).

Thanks again, Rich

What he means by "server or local copy" are you set-up for the client to connect directly to the mail file on the Domino server, or does the client work with a local copy of the mail file and then replicates to the server every so often?

To find out, just go to the inbox. Then go to FILE - DATABASE - PROPERTIES and see if the server name is listed there. If the server says "local" then you are working in replication mode (local mode).

As for Notes Minder not giving popups that's just strange, especially since it can be run seperately from the Notes client itself. This leads me to believe that the problem could be on the client end. I wonder if there are any pop-up blockers or your Windows Security settings that could be causing the trouble?

It is set to go to the Domino server. I will check the Windows settings to see if there's anything blocking it there. Thank you very much for the help so far, Rich

Have you replaced or refreshed the template design to make sure you are using the correct 7.0 template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back