Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail not being sent or being recieved by AOL.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizrizza

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2006
US
Alright here's my problem and i'm hope to god someone can help.
I have and exchange sever which is sending mail to pretty much everything and recieving fine.
Problem is when ever someone from AOL sends a message to my domain, it's not recieved. And it also happens in reverse, when someone in my domain sends AOL a message it's not recieved.(this also happens to JUNO messages)

I called AOL and they said nothing was blocked on their side and we tried the whole sending from telnet and that's fine.
We don't get any error messages back on either end.

ANy Ideas how i can solve or futher investigate this problem. I've got admins and board members breathing down my neck because they fail to get with the program.

Trying to do alot with what little I know. Thank you

Also the SMTP connector when messages are in the que for AOL shows up with a retry state with the additional information

"the connection was dropped due to and SMTP protcol event sink"

not sure what is causing the lack of incoming though....

Reverse DNS is checking out fine.

If your reverse DNS checks out fine, it sounds like an SMTP gateway or message filtering server on either your end or AOLs is eating or holding the messages.

Check out DNS goodies and make sure your sending mail server is not on a black list.

We are having the same problem and have had since early yesterday.

Have had a ticket open with AOL postmaster for 24 hours now - with a 48 hour SLA!

They have said that lots of people are experiencing it and that their engineers are trying to fix it.

We use Email Systems which is a SaaS like Messagelabs to do all our filtering - and they have confirmed that mail is flowing correctly for other domains so its not reverse dns/ip related according to them.

Guess you just have to wait and see the same as we are doing!

Now cured.

Was an issue between AOL and eNom, our domain registrar. Reported in many forums but looks to be sorted for us now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back