Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

amna77

Programmer
May 27, 2003
GB
Hi there, I have a database, where I am storing company employees names and address etc.
Now what I want is, something like word mail merge, so it will fill letter header for me in msword. is it possible?

acutully i run a query, like peopel age between 18 to 25, I get 5 people, so then I want those names and address to print on word letter header.

Can some one please help me.

Thanks in advance

What have you tried? Did you notice the ability to send your table or query to Word for merging? I generally try to export the table/query to a separate Word merge file.

Duane
MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green]
[red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]
[blue]Ask me about my grandson, get a grand answer.[/blue]

how would you send a seprate word merge file? can you please give me an examle, how to do that.
I shall be thankful to you.
Thanks

You would select File->Export then select the Word Merge type and give the file a name. You could then use the file as the datasource for a Word Merge document.

Duane
MS Access MVP

I use this function every week. First I set the parameters for my query and save the query. Next, I open MS word, type my letter and then use mail merge and select my saved query as the database. You can then insert fields (which are named the same as those in your query).

good luck!

afioresi,
How do you "set the parameters"? Are you doing this with code or are you manually opening the query in design view and typing in hard-coded values?

Duane
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back