Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge, suppress duplicates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidchipman

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
CA
Hi
Hope someone can help. I have a created an access database by exporting information from an accounting database that was already established. My problem occurs as I have numerous companies with unique ids, but one person can be the main contact on many of these companies. We are trying to do a mail merge in word but i do not know how to supress these duplicates. (ie Person A is the contact on 9 companies, we do not want to mail this individual 9 newsletters) The set up of this old database was inefficeint for this purpose and can not be changed at this time as there is numerous clients in it and is not an option. I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to supress these duplicates. Thanks

Can you not right a query in Access that will eliminate duplicates?

Indu

Ok, I need to learn to type, spell, spell-check, wake-up before typing anything, etc.

Can you not write a query in Access that will eliminate duplicates?

Indu

Here is what you need to do
1. create a query of just main contact and group so you have a unique list
2. create a form based on that query, call the main caontact field main contact
3.in the query you report is based on use the folloowing code in the criteria of main contact

Like forms![form name].[main contact]

put a button on the main form to generate the report

when the report opens is will generate based on the main contact that appears in the form, and all associated companies will be on the report

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back