Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail merge save for end users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

misscrf

Technical User
Jun 7, 2004
US
I am using Office XP, and this is what I am trying to do. We have IRS forms, and they are PDF files. I saved them as jpg files, and I inserted the form as an image in Word. I was able to line it up, so that the merge fields fill in the form good.

Here is what I am looking for:

How do I save this word document so that an end user can open it and do what they need to do easily?

I would like them to open it up, have the mail merge task pane on the right.

They would click the button that lets them choose the record they want to select for the form fields, and then merge. Then they can print and be done.

Can this be like a template, but with the merge set up, and connected to the data source?

Users would come to this often. Any time they need this form filled out for a client, they would open it, select the client from the data source, merge, print, and close, but the next user to open would still open at the point of getting to select the client they need for a new merge. We don't want to just save a filled form for one client. Just print them as needed.

I hope this makes sense! If anyone has any deployment package ideas for this, I would love the help!

I am working on some kinks with things like I wish the picture could be locked into it's place. I tried a background, but it won't fit to the 1 page without looking distorted.

Anyway, I feel like this thing I am trying to do is more and more possible. Let me know if you can help please!
Thank you.

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

ok. You're all doo doo heads for not answering my question... but I am passed this issue, and it works fine now.

FAQ: I put the image in the header and formatted it to go behind text. Then I just put a table over it.

misscrf

Ok, I had the same problem, and did a work around.
Have the info on a table in MS ACCESS.
Paste the Tax forms (PDF) as the background in a report.
Import the info from the table ot better still from a Query.
Place the data in the corresponding boxes on the PDF.
This way you can print an individual or a set of tax receipts.

This sounds interesting. I like the idea of it in Access, because then you can make the whole thing end user. They select the user, and print. No confusing steps. I will have to try this out. Are there any important things to know about with bringing the pdf forms in as the background? Lets say I have a 4 page form, but only the first page has fields to fill. I am curious to how this will work.

misscrf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back