Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge Loads File but nothing happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

dune2

MIS
Mar 5, 2007
EU
I am working on an Mail Merge Document with 8 tabs. Usually when I want to merge the data from one tab, I have to "re-find" the source via "open data source" and then open the excel file as an OLE source and then pick the tab I want.

Recently whenever I want to change tabs, Word loads the data but then nothing happens. The mail merge fields are grayed-out and it seems like nothing has happened. Strangely this does not occur with every tab, but to seems to spread, the more I use it. I can no only merge with 2 tabs anymore.

I have tried saving the file under different name, etc. without success. All files are on my machine and are not shared (at least not now).

Help, anyone?

Hi,

Do these 8 tabs have the same basic data structure?

What is the DIFFERENCE between each of the 8 tabs?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

Why have you multiplied your woes by chopping up your data?

You have not given me any reason NOT to believe that it all ought to be in one table in order to maximize Excel analysis and reporting features.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back