Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

acamusc

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
Hi colleages:
I looking for some help with the following:
I am using Windows XP, MS Access 2002 XP Prof, for the first time in 10 years I was asked to use Mail Merge from Access, I follow all instructions, step by step, unhappily when I reach to the point to execute the final step, using te instruction "from an existent document", I get the message from the system that says: "Microsoft Access have detected a problem and must close, we feel so much the inconvenient" and stop. I try to get some info about this problem in Microsoft Knowledge Database, but it didn't show up. Please I'll thank any help.(I keep updated all service releases)

I think you have corrupted the database.
First try compacting and repairing it.
if that does not work
Fixing it will not be easy but it can be done.

First you have to start with a new blank database and import just the tables and queries.

Import one item at a time after t6hat and see when it quits.

This is slow but it it th eonly way if you have a lot of time and you must have the data.
Other wise start all over.

DougP, MCP, A+

I used to use Excel for the mail merge. Since last year, I have been using Access. Either way, the merge works just fine for me. Some queries have to be converted into tables first before they show up in the mail merge.

You data source might have some problems. My recommendation is to use a simplest table with only 2-3 records to test and learn how to do the mail merge. After you become comfortable with it, switch to the real data source. It took me about 4-5 hours trials and errors to learn it. But believe me, the hours spent worth a lot. Good luck!

Frank

Thank you guys for the recommendation, I have reinstalled Office twice, my test query has just 5 records, I moved away all tables using them attached. Unhappily the problem goes on the same.
I tried the test in another PC with similar platform, Office 2002XP Prof and Windows XP, I got a message that there were missing two references, sqlmergx.dll and VB5EXT.olb, I couldn't find them nor in my PC either in the other. I tried to get them from MS, but I couldn't get them their either.
Thank you in advance for your answer, I think I will try automation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back