Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge by Account Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkyn

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
For Office XP and Office 97 Users

I need to process a mail merge by account number. The mail merge recipients icon does not respond to specific account number selections so I tried to enter the following as a parameter prompt:

{Ask Account Number "Enter Account Number"\d ""\0}
{Skipif {MERGEFIELD &quot;ACCOUNT_NUMBER&quot;}<>&quot;Enter Account Number&quot;

Can anyone give me some tips on how to make this work?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

This is a very easy way to locate a particular mail merge record, but will only work if 'account' is a field in your document. Open your mail merge toolbar. There should be an icon of an excel spreadsheet with a pair of binoculars in front of it on the toolbar. This is the 'find record' box. You can 'find what' and determine what field to look under using the second part of the query box, the 'in field'.
Good Luck,
Doroth

That's neat! Then you can just Print Current Page (I've put a button on my ToolBar for that!), assuming you have the <<ABC>> View Current Data button pushed in.

Des.

Barking, Essex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back