Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail forwarding by Rule I can't find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2005
US
I have a user that has been receiving forwarded mail from a former employees mailbox for a while. The person that setup the the forwarding didn't use the Exchange ADUC Delivery Options, instead setup a rule for the forwarding. I now want to stop the rule, but the rule is not in the former employees account and I can't find where the rule was setup.

Can rules like this be setup on the Exchange server itself, if so where? We have Exchange Server 2003. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you looked at the former employee's Out of Office settings? They include a forwarding option.

You can also use MDBVU32 to look right into the nitty gritty of the users mailbox. Sometimes rules can disappear but still be active, especially delegate rules and this util can help you there.

Downloadable as part of the Exchange All Tools set from Microsoft.

Neill

Thanks for the responses. It was a rule setup within the out of office assistant. It never occurred to me to check there.

I'm also going to check into the MDBVU32, that sounds like a very convenient tool. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back