Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungorocks

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
GB
One of my users is trying to send mail to specific company and all we get is this message back.

Your Domain does not have access to route messages to the specified domain

I know the address is right, and i'm thinking thats its a problem their end as the message come from their postmaster.

Is this conclusion right.

It's sounds like more of a configuration than a problem. The message is generated on their end, but, apparently, they have a restriction placed on their IMS. There are two possible places that a restriction can be placed on Internet mail. On the Exchange IMS connector, look on the the Connections tab. There is a box called Accept Connections, it could be that the other end has this set to Only from host using: Authentication, Encryption, or Auth and Encrypt. Or that they have it set to From any host, but have Message Filtering enabled and have your domain listed as a domain to not accept messages from. You may want to contact their administrators, you'll have to use a different account than one from your domain, and see if they have any restrictions placed on their IMS. If they are not using Exchange, then sorry, I won't be of much use. Good luck.

Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back