Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail enabled security group problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2002
US
I'm rolling out exchange this weekend (wish me luck!) and have had some trouble getting mail enabled security groups to work. Here's the situation:

My test group is "IT" and when I look at the members tab in the properties for this group in AD I see 13 users there. Note: 3 of these users are temporary people that don't have mailboxes.

After I mail-enable this group and go into Exchange I can find this group, double-click on it and I find only 4 users there.

If I send a message to this group, only the four users listed get the email.

I've created an alternate distribution group, added the 10 users individually and all works fine. I'd just rather not have to create a bunch of distribution groups when I already have security groups in place.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

wattsup

You may need to force replication in Active Directory Sites and Services for recent updates to appear.

To do this, in AD Sites and Services, expand your site, servers, servername, and highlight NTDS Settings. In the right pane should be a list of other domain controllers. Right click them (or the appropriate DC) and select Replicate Now.

Good Luck,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back