Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail boxes, phone manager lite & VM Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinwearside

Programmer
Dec 12, 2003
GB
I have set an incoming call route to go to a hunt group via an attendant.
The call comes into an attendant and then goes to a condition

If the condition is true the call goes to a transfer option where it is transfered to a hunt group.

If the condition is false ( ie in night service)the call then gets pushed to a leave message option.

I have put a hunt group name as the mailbox i want messages to be left in.
But no matter what i do i can't get the hunt group to play the night message in its mailbox. I always get the daytime message for that hunt group.

I have tried creating another user without an extension (a virtual extension if you like) and putting a trusted number eg V???? in all the hunt group members source codes to give them access to the mailbox and using the virtual users mailbox as the delivery box for the hunt group.

I can't get the virtual extensions mail box to appear on any of the hunt group members phone manager.

I hope this makes some sort of sense

any ideas
cheers
dave

You said the call is transferred via an attendant, but from your description it sounds like you mean auto-attendant?

Why not set the incoming route to point the caller at the hunt group 24/7 and apply a time profile to the hunt group (under fallback tab - don't set a fallback destination)? If someone calls outside the times defined in the time profile they will go to VM for the huntgroup and get the night message.

Peter

Thanks for your help on that !
If i do what you have suggested is there any way to stop calls to that hunt group going to VM. ie just increase the timer to 300 seconds.
The customer does not want any calls to that hunt group going to vm during working hours nor does she want queing and they only have three agents.

Another method would be creating two huntgroups. In incoming call route route calls to a huntgroup with no voicemail enabled, set the time profile, and for fallback have VM:mailbox, where mailbox is a voicemail module that leaves mail in the 2nd huntgroup's voicemail box. You can use this method with autoattendant as well. You get calls rining forever during business hours, and you get night message for calls outside of business hours.

Oh! No day message? Then why worry about playing the "night message" just record the regular message as your night message. Then, similiar to what Mike just suggested I would simply modify the incoming call route that points callers to the huntgroup, give it a night time profile and set the night destination in the incoming call route to VM:mailbox module which drops caller in a leave mail token.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back