Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail as attachment disabled in Word. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraeg

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
AU
On a PC with Office XP, it isn't possible to mail as attachment a document from in Word itself. I am assuming this may be a security setting of some sort, but can't find what setting (of course, it might be something else). Unchecking "Mail as Attachment" in Options sets it to Mail as Text, yet that is also disabled.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Have you tried File->Send to->Mail Recipient (as attachment).

You can place this button directly on your toolbars by right-clicking any toolbar and selecting Customize....

I hope this helps! (if I understood you correctly).

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

That's the one that is disabled (tried putting it on a toolbar as well).
Another PC with the same setup on the same desk doesn't have this problem.... I may need to go through and compare all the settings on them both to see any that differ.

This comes directly from MS Word Help:

Send a document as an attachment

To use this procedure, you must be using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Exchange, or any 32-bit e-mail program compatible with the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI).
Open or create the file that you want to e-mail as an attachment.
On the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Mail Recipient (as Attachment).
In the To and Cc boxes, enter recipient names separated by semicolons.
To select recipient names from a list, click the To or Cc buttons.

By default, the file's name appears in the Subject box. If you want, you can type your own subject name.

If you want, you can include an additional file.

Are you using any of the a.m. email programs? That is all I can find on this now. Otherwise, it might be a Registry problem. You might want to try the (Add-Remove components) on the Office Install Setup.

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Kraeg,
Just wondering if you had resolved this. I am having the same problem on a terminal server, however it is only affecting one user, not the other users on that server.
Thanks

wvgirl, please make your own seperate posts, and while you are at it, show some thanks to people helping you, so far you have give ZERO votes! That is very inpolite.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Not sure about an XP computer, but for Office 2000, Microsoft KB article 249786 suggests editing the [Mail] section of the Win.ini file as shown below, noting that: "Some lines may exist, but all are needed for this feature. After you add these lines, reboot your computer."

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor