Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magnepull

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTSMAN

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
US
I like mine , like any tool or technique not best for all jobs but its a nice tool to have in the truck for when you need it

If something where to happen to mine I would replace it

used the crap out of mine this weekend lol... and as skip555 said, not best for all uses... like oh lets say trying to drop a cable next a metal stud =) Also great for running cable under the carpet, just know that the farther you get (like 10 feet from point of entry) it gets a lot harder to pull it through.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Great Ideas always get used.

1. I remember seeing video of a ferrit pulling a string through a hard cap area at Sandia Labs.
2. A guy drove his RC car in the ceiling with a pull-string attached
3. A guy with a crossbow firing a arrow with a pull string. That didn't end well, with the arrow deflecting off a ceiling wire, going through the ceiling tile and sticking on a vertical wall above a door frame with a person inside the office.

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
ProfitDeveloper.com

"Never settle for a job well done...always look for cost cutting measures

We bought one a year ago and used it maybe 20 times since then. There are a lot of situations where this is just the best tool to use.

I have not used it but find the video interesting. It would seem to me it would be easier and faster to pull in a pull line instead of a cable then pull the cable in using the pull line.

Allan Goodson
Estimator
3D Datacom, Inc.

I have not used it but find the video interesting. It would seem to me it would be easier and faster to pull in a pull line instead of a cable then pull the cable in using the pull line.

that's what I do and after having almost lost mine by getting it stuck to a metal stud and the pull string was starting to fray I now have a piece of 3/16 nylon cord I use , then I pull cable with that

(and if it grabs a stud or piece of pipe I have something sturdy to break it lose with )

Status
Not open for further replies.