Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix - Your call cannot be transferred to extension ___

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhill

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
Hi all,
I've got a weird one. A branch office of mine has a Magix system which recently developed a weird issue. When employees call in after hours, they're greeted by the Automated Attendant. Previously, they were able to enter their three digit extension to be tranferred, however that recently changed. The system seems to only recignize the first two digits pressed. For example, if 102 is entered, the system responds with "Your call cannot be transferred to extension 10." Any ideas what might have happened here and how I'd rectify it?
Thanks in advance,
Jason

It sounds line the maximum extention legnth In the Voice mail system programming has been changed from 3 to 2

It is under 1 system options

Hi ttech,
Thanks for the response! I'm going to show my lack of knowledge here. Could you tell me how I go about changing this? Is it something that perhaps I could do from the receptionist console?
Thanks!
-Jason

WinSPM reports that it's Merlin Msg hardware vintage 55, firmware vintage 20. Does that help?
Thanks!
-Jason

Login in as the administrator

Press 1 - system parameters
Press 5 - Maximum extention legnth
change it to your extention legnth

the default legnth is 2, that is where your problem is

Download any merlin messaging system managers guide (R4 is the latest). the Max extention legnth is used in ALL releases of the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back