Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix with "National" ISDN-PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe1

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
US
We have a client with a Magix and a ISDN-PRI configured as "National". The Carrier (TDS Metrocom)made a change to their network the other day and now the PRI is down. This ISDN_PRI goes thru a Cisco IAD to share voice and data. TDS calls this a DXD service. The lights on the T1 card are off and the system appears happy. the errors in the PBX are 7002 "PRI Svc state inconsistant" and 7001 "PRI Svc Audit time out".
I have change the switch type to no avail. I ripped out translations and reprogrammed system.

ANY thoughts or suggestions will help.

The ONLY protocol for Primary ISDN service that works on the Legend/Magix is AT&T CUSTOM! No others will work. If they are emulating a switch, then it needs to be a 5ESS. So TDS needs to configure the Cisco IAD as 5ESS for the PRI service, and verify all parameters!

....JIM....

Thanx Jim,

that is my understanding as well. funny thing is when i first got involved with job site 6 months ago, i got the thing to work with the switch type as DMS 250. it had errors, but was functional. what ever the carrier did to their network, did her in.

Thanx again, it's good to have a second opinion so i know i am not totally crazy

Have them let you look at the "showrun"
Protocol should be set to Custom.

where do i see "showrun protocol"?

they are provisioning 6 loop start lines out of the IAD tomorrow, then dropping local loop for dedicated PRI. The IAD cannot be programmed for NI1(custom). maybe some of the newer technology we're seeing will have bugs like this with Legacy equipment

thanx for the support

showrun" is a Cisco command that outputs the entire cisco configuration.

Also NI1 custom is a misnomer that you may have heard in your dream. It does not exist.

There is NI1
There is NI2
There is ATT Custom aka Custom

Which do you think we have discussed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back