Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix Remote Call FWD via AutoAttend

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceAmerica

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
I am having trouble getting my Magix R4 to forward to an external number via Automated Attendant (merlin Messaging R3). I set up forwarding *33 9 Hold 9 Hold 7digit #. (its behind centrex)(the hold adds a pause). If I call it internally it will forward fine, but not when coming through the AA. I have the AA set for NO transfer restrictions. Also the magix exts for vm are set for unrestricted and they have line access. Also I can see the AA grab a line for about 2-seconds then it drops the line and all I continue to hear is ringing. What I am doing wrong.

Do you have trunk to trunk and remote call forward enabled for the auto attendant ports? And check the FRL as well.

Thanks for your fast reply "touchtonetommy".

I do have trunk-to-trunk enabled for the automated attendant ports and the extension that is forwarded. Also have call forward enabled for the forwarded extension (198). How do I check the FRL? and what should it be.
Thanks Again

When dialing out from your desktop phone do you have to dial the 2 9's? Someone may have set up ars to dial the second 9 for you, so you don't have to dial the second 9. If that is the case you would only put 1 9 in your dial sequence.

Hi,
New install, so unless default ARS adds something it shouldnt be there. LS Disconnect is set to YES. Is there a way to get live tel tech support from you touchtonetommy?

I'll be leaving for the job site at 12noon est.

Extensions>ARS Restrict >Set to 3. The Facility Restriction Level is preventing the dial out. You see the lights activate, then go out when the call is denied.

Pepperzgm at gmail dotte comm

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to give update. The system is set up a key so I was unable to access ARS. However, as initially recommended for security reasons, I un-assigned all the lines from the voice mail extensions which was the problem. After I re-assigned the lines to the voice mail extensions all worked fine.

Thanks for all your inputs, this is a great forum.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back