Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix R4 won't let me assign Principle User

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear762

Programmer
Mar 28, 2005
US
I have tried a number of things. Pool of 8 lines is assigned to the phone as an Immed. ring. I even tried to assign the lines out of a pool directly to the phone. When I type the line port number to assign principle user, it just dings at me. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Do a print of hunt groups. I ran into a similar situation recently and it turned out the customer had the line assigned to hunt group 776 even though they were no longer using it. It must be assigned somewhere or else it would let you assign principal user. Hunt groups are a good start.

I did a print out. No lines are assigned to any calling groups. Any other ideas?

Print out the general trunk info. Since you didn't see a calling group with the trunks assigned to it then maybe there is already an extension assigned as principal. The general trunk group print out should show what you are looking for. lg

Are the trunks in pools? Are the lines assigned (as line appearances, not as a pool button) to the extension you want to make Principal User?

They are in a pool but I removed one of them and assigned it directly to the phone to test if that were the case, and it still would not allow me to dial in the line port number.

How about Night Service? I don't remember if an Operator controlling a line to NS would prevent you from assigning Principal User.

TTT your question is the REASON for printing out the general trunk info. Since you can have up to 8 operators in the system...and let's say...they control their own individual business lines. The 8 different operators could have control via "principal" and night service. However, if you have only one operator...normally on LID 1 in the switch then....guess what? That's right it does control them until you remove them. lg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back