Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix R4.7 lost power and will not reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvfrc183

Technical User
Mar 7, 2013
US
recently we lost power for about 2 hours. our generator never kicked on so the phone system was down for the full 2 hours. when the power returned, the processor, which is a merlin magix R4.7 would not boot back up and has a red light on it. i tried rebooting a few times but nothing. i swapped that processor out for an old Merlic Legend R3.0 which booted back up fine and rolled it back to the last update. What could be wrong with the Merlin Magix Processor?

Just to give everyone a better picture. Right now i have 3 magix processors, 2-r4.7 and a r1.7. the rack i bought came with the r1.7, an 024 tdl, 2-800 gs/ls-id, and i added an 016 MLX since all the phones we have r mlx. Well i ordered 5 for the 024 tdl. If i use the processor that came with the rack, which i bought second hand, everything seems to work fine. When i swap out for a newer processor, that's when i have problems. The processors either go directly into an error with the red light on, or when using WinSPM, it says unable to recognize modules. My questions are could the other modules be non compatible? Is there any particular order the modules should be in? And finally, since the original processor seems to work, is there anyway to flash or update that processor? I really appreciate everyones help. We r a volunteer fire company and funds are tight so we r doing whatever we can to fix this system. However, i am starting to get frustrated.

The Magix processor needs to know what types of boards are slotted in the carrier. This is done by their aforementioned Board Renumber. Until this happens, the processor will not be able to communicate with any of the other cards.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Well Dexman you were 100% correct. Our old processor was probably fine. However I noticed a few pins that were bent and when I went to bend them back, the ripped off the board. Good thing I bought the extra processor. Maybe when I have time I will solder them back on. It now finds the boards and puts them in surrogate mode. Do they need to be out of that mode or can I start to program them?

It has been a while since I had to program my system from scratch. I'll have to defer to technicians who have worked more indepth with the Magix. You could check error logs to see what...if any...alarm are active. Try doing some simple programing and check back for any additional comments by the senior technicians. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

In the surrogate mode..you can add types of cards...fill up a whole cabinet
and then program your system, line and station parameters...
You can start from scratch or try to duplicate the old system.
Legend translations don't convert to Magix systems.

Well, If you have WINSPM, you can bring up the working processor and then save it to your PC. After that, YOU CAN convert it to the MAGIX processor of your choice. However, if you have any ATL Modules (The old MERLIN STUFF) the MAGIX won't like them.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Well we went from a old legend carrier to a new magix carrier. I have a r4.7 processor, an 024-TDL, 2-800 GS/LS-ID, and an 016 MLX Module. I read that the 024-tdl must be to the right of everything. Right now the old merlin legend is hooked up and running with a r3 processor. I am installing a the new magix rack in a new location. my goal is to get that up and running, then start transferring the stations over to it. I really appreciate everyones help. I know I have been asking a lot of questions. Also, I have a voicemail module with a 4-port card that does not power up at all. Bought it from ebay. I think I got beat on it. any ideas?

The 024 module really doesn't have any placement restrictions. My church's Magix is carded...processor, 024 #1,024 #2,016 T/R, Avaya Merlin Messaging and 800GS/LS-ID. This arrangement works quite well.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

okay. i have spent numerous hours trying to get this system to work. I have the processor, and 016-mlx an 024-tdl, and an 800ls/id installed. When i use the old magix rev 1, the system boots up and the system inventory shows everything in the rack. However, when i install the new r4.7, all the boards show up in surrogate mode. I have tried renumbering the boards and setting them using old winspm. I am at a loss. Feel like i am missing something somewhere. If the old processor is working in the rack, then the rack should be fine. Maybe a jumper on the processor is set wrong or a setting on the processor is incorrect. I am completely confused.

after i do a board renumber in basin WinSPM, then do an inventory check using quick access, all i can see is the processor. I go through basic winSPM and add the boards. Then when i run the system inventory again, they show up but in surrogate mode.

it's seem as in R4.7 the module in the first slot is not being seen by the processor which may be why the the system shows surrogate mode, or a bad processor

try a different module in slot 1 only and see what happens

ive tried swapping. still get the same outcome. I dunno if maybe when the processor was out someone changed the jumpers on the board without me knowing. Could that effect it? I have to 4.7's that seem to act the same. the rev 1 it came with seems to work fine with everything still but I rather have and use the most recent software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back