Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2002
US
Hey, has anyone heard what are the difference between the new Magix R3 and any older processors' features? This version "supposely" was realeased last week (accordingly to a distributor), but I am unable to find documentation anywhere. In addition, I cannot find any one selling this system.

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

Hi Guys

Release 3.0 for Magix is not available until May 15 2003.
Some of the new feature changes are verified account code, multiple music on hold sources for hunt groups. As soon as I get more information I will post it here. I work for a Avaya Distributor.

MERLIN MAGIX Release 3.0
MERLIN MESSAGING Release 3.0

New Product Announcement !

MERLIN MAGIX Release 3.0 and MERLIN Messaging Release 3.0

The MERLIN MAGIX updates include a number of new features as well as enhancements to the built-in calling group and administrator capabilities. The MERLIN Messaging changes include enhancements for unified messaging as well as more robust voice mail capabilities.

MERLIN MAGIX Release 3.0 Feature Summary

a.. Verification of Account Codes and Music On Hold Features
b.. Enhanced features to support call center agent capabilities including:
Independent Agent IDs for Calling Groups, and Group Ring Calling Groups
c.. Added tools and capabilities for call center administration including:
Account Code Verification, Group Calling Music-on-Hold, Simultaneous Caller Info
d.. New R3.0 features supported by new CTI Link driver, new WinSPM R8 tool

MERLIN Messaging Release 3.0 Feature Summary

a.. Unified Messaging Application for voice and email messages
b.. Enhanced capabilities and controls for managing voice mailboxes
c.. New and updated features for accessing and retrieving messages including:
Auto Copy, Phantom Mailbox, Message Retrieval Order, Message Preview,
Message Status Change, Message Back-up/Replay, Message Speed-up/Slow-down

"Release 3.0 for Magix is not available until May 15 2003."

I wish it were true! :) I need to change out a R2.2 processor at a Police Station (as a subcontractor) due to an internal modem issue, and all the vendor can supply is a R3.0. So I can't just swap the PC card and do a restore, I have to spend the time to download the translations, convert, and upload to the new processor (4 hours, vs. 10 minutes)

How would you upgrade an 007MLM module to rel 3? Is it a flash card, a new hard drive? A disk image?

Kris

The 007MLM is not upgradeable. The Merlin Messaging and the The Merlin Mail Are completely different Hardware. Even the Merlin Messaging R1 and 1.1 is not upgradeable to the 2 or 3

-Don

Maybe I have the wrong model number. I've got the integrated card that is the form factor of a Magix processor (Gray and smaller for the Magix card cage). It sends info to the Magix sets on number of messages in a user's box so I think thats 2.0 or 2.5. It also currently supports ethernet.

Thats the one I'm interested in upgrading to 3.0 (if possible).

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back