Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix R3 Caller ID without ID modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbonanza

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2003
US
I have a Magix R3 clamshelled in Legend, cke5,p/s 391a3,(2)008mlx,(1)400gs/ls/ttr,(1)800gs/ls,(1)012 and MLX-D phones. Can i get caller ID without the ID line modules (assuming i have the service)? I thought i saw my setup would allow it. I don't mind trying if you have an idea.

Thanks

I didn't on mine... had to have ID capable trunk modules or PRI. Anyone else?

It's not going to work. You can translate it until the cows come home. You need the XXX-ID cards or a PRI.

thanks for the replies. i'm looking at getting an 800gs/ls-id card. hundreds of places on the net sell them refurbished with the 1 year warranty. how can the prices vary from $199 to $899? am i missing something. is there a difference in these?

Short of T1/PRI, you'll either need ls/gs-ID line modules, or if "number only i.d." you could explore pricing on 800-BRI module and service.

In most of our locations, a single BRI isdn line (which provides two numbers and voice circuits) cost less or the same as 2 analog voice business lines.

ANI/Caller I.D., faster call setup, reliable disconnect, superior conference call clarity and various data advantages only begins to touch on the benefits of ISDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back