Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix / Messaging display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmeskill67

Vendor
Nov 20, 2002
US
I replaced a messaging Module in a Magix system. The old module provided a display of New and Old messages on display phones. The new one doesn't. I can not find an option to turn this feature on. Please help. Thanks.

System reboot didn't help? What is software dot release on new replacement mail as well as old one? You can find this in main admin menu. Rather then selecting hidden prompt 9 select 7 for dot release info.

I have the same problem, icould this be a release issue?

Your replacement Messaging Module is older than the new one. For the Messagnig Display to function, Messaging module must be 2.5 or newer.

Thank you all. It was a release issue. It turned out the card was bad also, so when I ordered a replacement for the replacement I made sure to get the newest release.

We relocated our Magix system within the building. We powered up the system, and everything is working as it did before the move except that the new/old message display on the display telephones disappeared. We have ver. 2.5.13 of Merlin Messaging. Any suggestions to reactivate the new/old message display on the telephones?

It's either on or off depending on the release of the Magix and the Messaging systems. It can't be turned on or turned off. TipHelp@charter.net

I have some phones that show the status and some that don't. There must be a way to turn this feature on or off. Is there a difinitive answer to this problem? Please advise.

C

Are the ones that do not show the message perhaps on an older card than the ones that do show the message? TipHelp@charter.net

I found that the LCD on any individual phone did not display voicemail message data until I had set up a mailbox for that phone's extension, added that extension to the coverage group serviced by voicemail, and used that phone to prompt a refresh of its LCD (this is my somewhat stale memory at least).

I'm still trying to figure out why my message data won't display on the phones after moving the system into a new office suite. We simply moved the system without changing anything that I can think of. The voicemail works the same as it did before the move in every other way.

Should I reboot the system? We have two system cabinets ganged together, with the voicemail in cabinet 2. Does it matter which cabinet is powered up first?

Ah HA, the power up sequence is right to left, so in your case, #2 first, then #1. TipHelp@charter.net

Hi Pepperz,

I doubt if it is on different cards. I will check. I need to know what activates this feature on the phones. Are ther any programming involved? Is it the type of phone or the type of card? What do I have to check to see what is needed for this to be active on a phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

C

Works! Pepperz solved it. I restarted the system properly Friday night and that was all it took. Thanks so much.

Only the phones assigned to the VM coverage group will show the old/new messages. Make sure your ext's are assigned to the vm coverage group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back