Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix - make extension ring when receptionist console rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhill

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
Greetings all,
I have what's probably a pretty easy question for you guys, however I know next to nothing about the Merlin Magix system. I have a user who is going to be "backup" for the receptionist when she can't answer incoming calls, so I'd like to program this user's phone to ring for all incoming calls. Could someone help me out with this or point me to some documentation?
Thanks!
-Jason

If the backup gets calls occasionally, put a cover button on the backup phone for the operator.
#00 > press the vacant button > *40 + Operator Ext > Enter.
Then whenever the Op phone rings so does the backup. Another way is to just forward the op phone when it is going to be vacant.
To put a forward button on the op phone:
#00 > press the vacant button > *33
That puts the feature on a button, then when that button is pressed, followed by an ext#, it forwards, and indicates it is forwarded by a light. To unforward, forward it to itself, the light will go out.

Pepperz@charter.net

Pepperz,
Thank you very much.... That was very helpful!
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back