Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix D channel inoperative on 2nd PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsbarker

Technical User
Dec 17, 2008
US
I have a customer that has three t1 cards in their switch, in slots 10, 11, 14. It was configured that the cards in 10 and 11 were point to point to other switches and 14 is a PRI to their current provider, switch type is DMS500, the current PRI is working fine. Customer is switching to AT&T and the location that was being connected to via the Point to Point (slot 10) has closed so that card is not being used. I removed the translations related to network programming, removed lines from the pool, removed lines related to B channels, removed B channels. Removed switch number related to lines and changed the switch type to 5ESS. Programmed slot 10 for a PRI same as always setting up B-channels- lines to B-channels, set for call by call and dial plan routing. Those items that I am aware of that are specific to the slot for a PRI. – D channel drops after a few minutes and I am never able to make or receive calls. Removed translations again but went one step farther and changed the PRI back to a T1 and then back to a PRI. Programmed a second time – still no D channel. Made up a test switch with a CKE4 ( working switch is a CKE5 ) MMR4, one 408mlx, one 016ttr, one DS1 card – programmed in same manner as system an it works just fine. Swapped the DS1 card in slot10 out twice, even swapped it with card in slot 14 which is a working PRI. Everything about the switch continues to work as it was just can not get the PRI in slot 10 to work? My next idea is to dump the translation on a different processor reprogram the PRI related to slot 10 and swap processors, also might replace the power supply in the second carrier. All this said I thought I should go ahead an get some input from those of you that are a lot smarter then I. HELP

Sometimes slots go bad.

You stated that this slot was not being used.

Perhaps there was a reason for that.

Continue with your next idea but be ready to replace the carrier.

But, that's just a guess. I have had a bad slot with a T1 in the past.

The card and slot were working 60 days ago, one more thing to check, thanks for the input.

PRI, it is networked to a second location, Slot 10 had been used as a network but the closed that location.

Considering:

"PRI, it is networked to a second location, Slot 10 had been used as a network but the closed that location."

I think we need to look at the PRI programming and General Trunk translations to see if there's any cobwebs left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back