Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix 3.0 - group ring / delayed forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts312

Technical User
Dec 11, 2008
US
Have a Magix 3.0 system with several lines and phones. Trying to have a group of phones ring initially, then a second group ring if the first group does not answer in a timely manner.
Example:
I want to have phones 200, 201, 202 all ring with incoming calls (during daytime) (Group 771) ;
I want to have phones 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 205 all ring (Group 772) after 3 or 4 rings if the first group fails to answer (during daytime).
8 pots lines coming in on 2 4x12 cards ( system is in Hybrid/PBX mode ).

I've tried having the lines ring to a group and having that group overflow to the next group, but overflow may not meet our needs if only 1 caller is calling at a time.

Thanks.

For the phones that ring initially - assign the lines to buttons with immediate ring if they are DLC Operator positions, or add a Pool button with Immediate Ring if they are not Operator positions.

For the extensions that ring next, add a Pool button with Delayed Ring.

I'm trying this now - but ran into another question: How can I adjusted delayed ringing timer ( -D ringing ) from 3 rings to 5 rings?

Ok so I found out that -D (Delayed ring) is a fixed 2 rings and can not be changed.
To make things more fun I'm now trying to straighten out voice mail and the merlin messaging.
I've referenced the link here ( ) but want to get more info.

What we are trying to accomplish:
Group 1 - 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 - Ring immediately during daytime ;
Group 2 - 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 300, 301, 302, 303 304 - Ring delayed during daytime (if first group does not answer) ;
All these phones ring with POTS lines on the 4x12 card (801,802,803,804,805,806,807 - lines assigned in Group 771
There should be no AA during the daytime, but multiple users have voice mail.
Voice Mail group (770) setup to forward unanswered calls to voice mail after 4 rings - this is working ;
Multiple users (301, 302, 303, 304) also have DIDs (on 800 DID card) that ring them directly - they go to their users voice mail after 4 rings - this is working ;

Whats not working:
Calls to the POTS lines in NIGHT time ( enabled by pressing night service button on operator ext 200 ) should ring the Group 1 phones 4 times BEFORE going to the Night AA - right now the Night AA answers immediately ;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back