Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magicjack to IPO Analog Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdaley1980

Technical User
Oct 19, 2010
US
I'm experimenting with a Magicjack connected to an analog trunk on my IP Office. I am able to receive calls but cant seen to make any out going calls. No matter how I dial the number I get a "in order to complete this call you must dial the area code and the telephone number". I also connected a Tempo PE830 telephone test set directly to the Magicjack and get the same error message. If an analog phone is connected directly into the Magicjack it works great. Anyone have any ideas

In your situation, a Tempo PE830 test set is the same as an analog phone. It would be very unusual for one to work and the other to not work. I don't know what your local dialing patterns are, or where on the globe you're located - but it sound like Magicjack doesn't like the digits that you're dialing. Determine what Magicjack needs, then confirm that IPO is sending appropriate digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back