Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magic phone get ring after making call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

commresources

Vendor
Apr 2, 2004
US
I have a Merlin Magic system that will ring back the ext that just completed a call. Not every time and no pattern to which exts.

Hi, is it outside calls only or inside calls too? Do you have copper lines feeding this or a T1? Can you tell which outside line(s) actually ring back? All or specific ones? If you have not done so, you could label your outside lines under the label feature and give each line a distinct label rather than the default "outside". This might help you zero in. Good luck. Joe

I have all copper lines and the ring back seem to be to analog exts. Appreciate the help Don

I would suspect the end user is making a call, not completing it, and then not completely hanging up, and making another call.

At the point where they do not completely hang up, they are creating a conference call.

Thus, when they hang up from the completed call, the system rings them back for the first call.

I am quite sure that is their problem.

The evidence of this is that when they make the 2nd call, they will hear STUTTER DIAL TONE.

I would caution them to listen for the STUTTER DIAL TONE, and if they hear it, HANG UP FOR 20 or 30 seconds before making any othing calls.

I have seen this MANY TIMES in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back