Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macros to combine 3 sheets data to one... Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

binjovi

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
CA
Hi Guys
Thanks for all help you provide, I have a small problem i am creating some reports in some other application and saving it in excel. The problem is while saving it goes to different sheets. My concern how can i write a macros by which i can combine these all 3 sheets information to one sheet.
Its a High Priority

Thanks in advance
BJ

WEll I'm not sure how the format is you want. Would you be able to write code to just copy all the information from the other sheets and paste it onto one? If so you can use simple range("therange").selection then .cutcopymode and .paste. Not quite sure how you need it to come together in 1 sheet...

Hi,

Is there a 1 to 1 mapping of columns. I guess not since it would be pretty easy to just select and copy the data from sheets 2 & 3 and past them into sheet 1 in the first empty row. That does not tak ANY code.

So what is the mapping challenge?

Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

Thanks for all help

Actually this information is comming from a Impromptu and it has 3 sub reports and each subreport is printed in 3 different sheets. Now what i want is once the impromptu is saved in excel file. I need to put this all sub report in one excel file. so i want to automate this process using macro.
It will be really appreciated if anybody has come across this situation
Thanks
Bj

Have you tried Record a Macro and then augment the code to your specs?

--MiggyD

Thanks you all guys for the help
I got a macro created by someone and now the prob it is only accessible in my copy of Ms Excel.
One more thing I want to know is whether the macros can be made available to a whole network. Beacuse if i create a macro it will be avilable in my copy of excel if i want to make it common howw can i do it.
And whether you can find the macro written, i mean to say which directory to be checked to find where the macro is siting.
Thanks a lot for all help
BJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back