Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macros in Crystal report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheu

MIS
Sep 29, 2006
US
Hello,
I'd like to record a macro in Crystal that, for example, applies formatting to a group of objects.

This macro would ba available to me in DESIGN mode.

Thanks!

You'd need an external tool to do this, Crystal doesn't have macros.

There are plenty of freeware/shareware macro recorders out there.

-k

Thank you.

Can you recommend one?

Lets back up a bit, What are you trying to accomplish?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

dgillz makes a good point, you can lassoo severalobjects and modify them all by right clicking and stating format objects.

-k

You can also set up a variable in the report header, reference it in all objects that you want formatted, and then when needed, change the criteria only in the master formula in the report header.

-LB

Backing up as requested :)

As per my original note I wat to run my macro in DESIGN.

Like Excel (yes I understand Crystal ? Excel), I'd like to record a macro then rerun it after tweaking it a bit.

I'm concerned about lining up objects and a applying a number of formatting options to said objects to accomplish that task.

Regards Windows Marco recorders, I recall the one that came with Win 3.x (way back when) and this is NOT the direction I'd want to take EVEN IF I'm still sold on macros AND automating formats by code.

I've come since to understand that Vertical and Horizontal Guidelines can be a good design tool in aid of aligning object but from my LIMITED experience, it's not all roses or instead, is roses but with a thorn or two:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back