Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macros disabled... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorEd

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
US
I am running win2000 w/Office XP Pro. Lately when I open a new office application or existing office application or when I try to log off of the PC I get the following message: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the on-line help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros". I have gone to all the help functions and sites and can't seem to pin this one down...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Doc

Tools > Macro > Security
Security Level tab
Click Medium then click OK
Now, when prompted whether to enable or disable macros, click Enable Macros

Hey, thanks alot...that bit of info led me to some blank files in my office 10 folder that were actually office 97 files that had some macros associated with them (this is my third computer in 5 years so I have transferred a lot of junk files in addition to good ones)...I deleted these files(well, sent them to the recycle bin just in case my effort caused other problems!!!). I re-booted the system and all is good.

My computer seems to "run" a lot faster now also.

I always get good info from this group...thanks gang and thank you "dcompto" for pointing me in the right direction.
Doc

You're very welcome. I have learned more from this forum than any other resource. Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back